- the 30 mn limit is now only a proposal
- they recognise the vendor briefing request process is f****d-up, as vendors commented it leads to intolerable delays
- analysts can extend the time if they deem it "required to obtain maximum value from the briefing"
In the meantime, there has been a lot of interesting comments on what briefings are and how long they should be, mainly here, there and there:
- We agree with the analysts that vendors need to do a better job at briefings and to avoid death-by-powerpoint. Vinnie quite rightly says that briefings should be more focused ; that pitching to analysts is quite easier than pitching to the Wall-Mart procurement team.
- There seem to be a consensus that 30 mn are okay for a quick update on a specific offering but does not allow enough time for wide-area-analysts (WAA, as opposed to Narrow Silo Analysts)
- Dale and others however said that restricting briefings to a mere half an hour would eliminate the discussion. James argued that this was precisely what the Borg intended ; that it is an opportunity for independent analysts.