Random Friday thoughts...
- A Jack Berry from BigBlue has added us to his briefings distro list. Why we're not quite sure, but we thought we'd post the text of his briefing invite below. Do you think it's best practice? Apart from tiering his audience a little better, what else could he improve?
- The other James has blogged about Open Source Analysis, a subject we discussed a while back here, here, here and there. He asks a few good questions about the business model. The whole area is interesting: in EMEA, the independents are happy to cooperate, some collaborate (like writing books together) and others are talking about uniting against the Borg. For AR professionals, it is both a challenge and an opportunity. Good luck guys!
- Finally, we have seen interesting comments, as usual:
- on Reviewing Gartner's Top Predictions - who will step up?
- on IDC attacks the user market -slowly
- and on On Blogger Relations and Influencers Relations
- Open source analyst business model?
- The Governor, ancient Iraq and Gartner
- Governor attack!
- Weekly roundup: Forrester, IT-director and Quocirca (Part I)
From: Jack Berry firstname.lastname@example.org
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 4:03:48 PM
Subject: Dec. 14 - IBM's Global Financing Quarterly Teleconference
I do not mean to bury you under multiple e-mails on the same subject but, Iwanted to be sure you know about the IGF IT Analyst Teleconferencetomorrow. I have a short list of analysts that may not all be on the moreformal list maintained by our Analyst Relations Support Group.I just picked up a new news items a few minutes ago, which I will share onthe call, that may prove of interest to those of you following IGF'sbusiness expansion strategy.SNAPSHOT: Join IBM Global Financing for a quarterlyupdate regarding the latest activities on financingofferings and some significant new areas of focuson Thursday, December 14, at 1:00 p.m. EST (18:00 UK).
IBM IT Analyst RelationsTeleconference Alert
The call this quarter will feature innovative new offerings in the commercial and partner space, the latest on what IGF is doing with facilitating customer challenges with assetdisposition, and a look at how we are leveraging the totalcost of ownership with PC Financing. We will also presentbrief updates on the latest news from SMB and Vendor Financing.
Jack Berry, Manager, IBM Global Financing, Analyst Relations
Thursday, December 14, 2006
1:00 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. EST
18:00 - 19:15 UK
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
To enroll in the teleconference, reply to Kate xxx, email@example.com or call 1-xxx-xxx-xxx. A conferencenumber and password will be provided with your confirmation.
PRESENTATION MATERIALS & REPLAY INFORMATION
The charts will be available on the IT Analyst RelationsWeb site at: http://www.ibm.com/itanalyst/teleconferences/prior to the teleconference. Replay and additional materialswill be posted following the call.
INVITATIONS TO THIS TELECONFERENCE ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE
This invitation is intended solely for the IT analystcommunity within your firm and must not be shared withpress, financial analysts or other companies.
NON-DISCLOSURE OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
By accepting this password or participating in theteleconference or both, you agree that the informationdisclosed to you is confidential to IBM, and you furtheragree not to disclose, publish, disseminate or use theinformation prior to its general announcement by IBM.IBM IT Analyst Relations E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgVisit the IT Analyst Relations site: http://www.ibm.com/itanalyst