I've just re-discovered a cool chart that Bill Hopkins put together for the AIIM Advisory Trade Members meeting in Phoenix earlier this year. Bill's presentation outlines the eight steps for a successful AR program:
- Target the right analysts
- Establish the right partnerships
- Build a contact strategy and plan
- Nominate an interactor team
- Arm them with the best presentations
- Train them in analyst interactions
- Integrate AR with the sales force
- Measure the results of the program.
- How do you get buy-in to AR in the first place?
- What goals can be 'sold' to executives in order to get resources for AR?
- Is there more to AR than telephone and face-to-face interactions -- what about newsletters and extranets?
- Is there more to integration than connecting to sales - what about marketing, PR, competitive intelligence and senior executives?
- How can you get the most benefit from your relationships with analysts?
A lot has been happening with SPAR recently. Most of you outside the Bay area won't know what we're doing, so I'll make another post about that next week.