Sunday 9 September 2007

H&K's pledge for bloggers

Thanks to a friend for mailing us the pledge that H&K staff have to agree to before being allowed to blog on its site. Honestly, we're impressed:

  • I will acknowledge and correct mistakes promptly
  • I will preserve the original post, using notations to show where I have made changes
  • I will never delete a post
  • I will not delete comments unless they are spam or off-topic
  • I will disclose conflicts of interest (including client relationships) where I am able to do so
  • I will not publish anything that breaches my existing employment contract
  • I will distinguish between factual information/commentary and advertising
  • I will never publish information I know to be inaccurate
  • I will disagree with other opinions respectfully
  • I will link to online references and original source materials directly
  • I will strive for high quality with every post - including basic spellchecking
  • I will write deliberately and with accuracy
  • I will reply to emails and comments when appropriate, and do so promptly
  • I will restrict my posting to professional topics
  • I will write on a regular basis, at least once each week

  • Let's hope they make their clients sign the same code of conduct. I'm not sure the management here at ARmadgeddon Towers would sign off anything more than the three laws.

    No comments: